Contributions to QGIS LTR 3.22
The latest long-term released (LTR) version of QGIS is 3.22. The first bugfix release of 3.22 with this status is version 3.22.4 released in late February 2022.
This version is important for users and the developer community as it will be maintained until February 2023. It was also tested for 3 months before obtaining the LTR status which is a guarantee of stability and quality.
Here is the list of 3Liz contributions for this QGIS 3.22 release (including 3.18 and 3.20)
QGIS Processing enhancements
- Added multi-part option for processing geometry input : allow multi-geometries
- Adding a POST input to the FileDownloader processing algorithm
QGIS Server enhancements
- option --version for all command line tools like
- Allow multiple MetadataUrl in the description of service capabilities. In the layer properties, it is possible to define several metadata URLs.
- Speed up the generation of the WMS GetCapabilities request document by removing the call to featureCount
Improvement in the API
QGIS Server fixes
- Fixed the selection method in the server renderer
- QgsServerFeatureId uses a combined expression to update the filter of the featrue request
- The WMS GetStyles requests kept the SLD_BODY parameter from the previous request
- Fixed QgsTileMatrix::tileCenter method that did not return the center of the tiles
New global features
- Add maxImageCacheSize parameter in qgis_global_settings.ini: allow to define the size of the image cache
API: new classes
- Exposing the vector tile encoder to the python API
- Added an API to define a help string on an expression variable
- Encoding and writing vector tiles in a CRS different from EPSG:3857
Not features but only to be sure there will be no regression in the future.
- Tests for the method getParameterFromString of QGIS Processing #43070, #43075, #43126, #43062
- QGIS Server test of the WMS GetLegendGraphic query in JSON format for a layer with several symbols
- Added tests for reading WKB data from the ST_Binary method of PostGIS
- Extension of QGIS Server tests for WMS dimensions
- Template for user tickets
- GitHub release notifications